pondělí 20. dubna 2009

Development update

I did find a few hours to quickly whip up the first prototype of Tomix (which is the codename of the game I'm working on) and it's ready for me to play with :) Fortunately pygame is really very easy to use for what I'm planning to do and I'm also slowly getting used to vim and Python. But I'm still not very good with either of them.

Back to the prototype - now I can move the player around on the screen and push things (nothing groundbreaking yet, but what would you want for a few hours worth of programming).

I plan now try to design one level to see if my idea of combining Atomix and Sokoban is at least partially viable. Afterward I'd like to start work on the prototype of level editor which will probably take me more time - I need to learn how to work with mouse in pygame and think about reasonable way to save the edited levels (not sure how to serialize things in Python). Hopefully I can find at least one free weekend to actually implement something (all the codes till now were written on train and that is unfortunately not the ideal development environment).

Also, Mitsuki volunteered to help me with the graphics (so the size of development team has doubled :)). This means that if we eventually manage to have some game ready it will look a lot nicer than if I did it on my own. On the other hand, this also reduced number of readers of this blog that are not working on the game from 1 to 0. Maybe I should start looking for some interesting topics to write about :) (Well, I have a few, I just need to find time and mood to try something new)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat